The Dieline Awards formally recognizes the absolute best in consumer product packaging design worldwide, bringing awareness to the immense value that lies in well-designed brand packaging.
Now in its 9th year, The Dieline Awards exists as a way to celebrate innovation and honor excellence in packaging design around the globe. An esteemed jury of structural packaging, design, branding, and consumer product experts examine each submission with regards to five key elements: Creativity, Marketability, Innovation, Execution, and On-Pack Branding.
The Dieline Awards is one of the most prestigious and competitive competitions in the design industry, and the largest worldwide package design competition. Brand owners, consumers, marketers, agencies, in-house creatives, students, and enthusiasts around the world turn to The Dieline Awards as the benchmark for impeccably-designed packaging of consumer products.
Debbie Millman, President Emeritus of AIGA serves as chairwoman of the jury. A total of 61 winners will be recognized in the 2018 competition.
The design industry constantly evolves, so we’ve improved The Dieline Awards 2018 to act as a true reflection of the challenges designers face daily. This year brings new categories, new guidelines, and new opportunities to win a coveted trophy.
- For 2018, we are introducing a dedicated category for Sustainable Package Design. As pollution, waste, and global warming become even bigger issues, The Dieline wants to recognize the innovation and efforts of designers and brands creating the solutions for our future. Three winners will be selected that have made an outstanding use of sustainable materials and methods.
- Last year, we introduced the Nielsen Design Impact Award, in which winners were chosen by combining choice and diagnostic responses from a large number of category consumers with point-of-sale data, this award highlights the power of an effective redesign. Unlike the other categories where winners are selected by our esteemed jury, the Nielsen Design Impact Award puts the decision in consumers’ hands. By highlighting the statistical improvement a brand can make, the Nielsen Design Impact Award recognizes the tangible power of design.This year we are thrilled to expand this category to recognize more outstanding redesigns that have boosted sales and made a mark in the market. A 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner will be recognized, and the highest achieving redesign will win 2018’s Most Impactful Redesign. We will personally invite winners to accept their awards live on-stage during The Dieline Awards Ceremony at HOW Design Live 2018. May the most impactful design win.
- For 2017, we introduced 4 new categories: Private Label, Luxury, Limited Edition, and Concept. These were created to ensure accuracy in the judging process and to help highlight the highest calibre projects in each respective category. Additionally, the Student category has returned for those who have created exceptional work in their time at university.
- With the addition of our new categories, projects may be submitted for consideration to multiple categories within The Dieline Awards competition. By allowing cross submissions, entrants have the opportunity to see how their packaging performs in vastly different environments, with regards to the judging criteria.
- Studio of the Year is a prestigious award that recognizes superior work and an overall contribution to the field of consumer product packaging design. This year, Studio of the Year will be awarded to the studio, agency, or in-house team that receives the most overall wins across all categories in The Dieline Awards 2018 competition.
The Dieline recognizes the absolute best in packaging design worldwide and brings awareness to the immense value that lies in well-designed brand packaging. Established in 2007, the dieline believes that impeccable packaging directly informs the success of a product or brand. As the premiere resource in the industry, brand owners, consumers, marketers, agencies, in-house creatives, students, and enthusiasts around the world turn to the dieline for recognizable, trusted, and valuable design content.
The Dieline is the world’s most visited packaging design website, and it highlights the importance and value of packaging design for brands in today’s world. By creating a platform where the community can examine projects, learn more about the design process, and stay informed of trends, it encourages designers and brands alike to question their own work and hold themselves to the highest standards possible.
3 winners will be awarded a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place The Dieline Awards Trophy, per category.
1 winner will be awarded an Outstanding Achievement Award Certificate, per category.
01. FRESH FOOD
Fresh fish, Meat, Poultry, Fruits, Vegetables, Fresh, and Ready-to-eat dishes.
02. PREPARED FOOD
Cereals, Bread, Pasta, Rice, Grain, Noodles, Frozen food, Canned food, Savory snacks, Nuts, Snack bars, Chips, Crackers, and Convenience food.
03. DAIRY, SPICES, OILS, SAUCES, & CONDIMENTS
Dairy (milk, cheese, eggs, yogurt, butter), Oils, Vinegars, Spices, Condiments, and Sauces.
04. CONFECTIONARY, SNACKS, & DESSERTS
Sweet snacks, Candy, Desserts, Ice cream, Pastries, and Cookies.
Water, Soda, Juice, Soft drinks, Tea, Coffee, Sparkling beverages, Functional beverages, Energy drinks, Energy shots, and Mixers.
05. NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
Beer, Cider, Malt beverages, Tobacco and Cannabis.
06. BEER, MALT BEVERAGES, TOBACCO, & CANNABIS
07. WINE & CHAMPAGNE
Wine, Sparkling wine, and Champagne.
Vodka, Tequila, Gin, Rum, Scotch, Whiskey, Brandy, Bourbon, Absinthe, and Liqueurs.
09. HEALTH, COSMETICS, FRAGRANCE, & FASHION
Health care (OTC, vitamins, pharmaceuticals, health supplements), Beauty (cosmetics, personal fragrance, make-up, body decoration, tanning products, nail polish), and Fashion (clothing, apparel, shopping bags, retail, merchandising, accessories).
10. PERSONAL CARE
Soaps, Deodorant, Dental care, Hair care, Nail care, Toilet paper, Tissues, Diapers, Feminine hygiene, Skin care, Hand and foot care, Moisturizers, Sun protection, and Shaving.
11. HOME, GARDEN, & PETS
Home (detergents, cleaning products, utensils, home improvement, power tools, automobile products, housewares, furniture, decor), Garden (tools, plants, plant food), and Pets (grooming, food, toys).
12. GAMES, TOYS, SPORTS, & RECREATIONAL
Games, Toys, Gifting, and Sports products.
13. TECHNOLOGY, MEDIA, OFFICE, & SELF-PROMOTION
Books, Office supplies, Art supplies, Paper, Stationary, Computers, Printers, Accessories, Software, Movies, CDS, Entertainment, and Self-promotion projects.
14. PRIVATE LABEL
All private label products from all categories.
All luxury products from all categories. Luxury products are generally considered to be goods at the highest end of the market in terms of quality and price.
16. LIMITED EDITION
All limited edition, or limited run, products from all categories.
All student products from all categories.
19. SUSTAINABLE PACKAGING
Conceptual, non-produced products from all categories.
A packaging project in any industry that is made using sustainable materials and methods.
20. NIELSEN DESIGN IMPACT AWARD
The Nielsen Design Impact Award puts the decision in consumers’ hands. By combining choice and diagnostic responses from a large number of category consumers with point-of-sale data, this award highlights the power of an effective redesign. Learn More
The Dieline Awards 2018 is a worldwide competition with entries accepted from all countries. All entries must have been created, produced, or launched in retail between Dec 1st, 2016 and Dec 31st, 2017.
The Dieline Awards will not accept works that are considered to be plagiarisms. By entering The Dieline Awards, entrant(s) assert that they are the legal copyright owners for all work(s) submitted. The Dieline Awards reserves the right to reject any entry at its sole determination. Works which are considered to be plagiarisms, morally or ethically questionable, and/or offensive — whether intentionally or not — will be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Dieline Awards.
All works submitted must be photographs or digital renders of packages. Concept work, unpublished prototypes, speculative, or unpublished creations are not accepted under any category except Student or Concept.
All communications between The Dieline Awards and the entrant will be in English. All entries are accepted online only. A completed entry form, including formatted images, and online payment are required for an entry to be accepted. One entry per form. All payments are processed through our online entry platform via credit card in US Dollars ($). Submission fees are non-refundable for any reason.
By entering The Dieline Awards, the entrant(s) assign the publication rights to TheDieline.com & Dieline Media, LLC for the works submitted, in whatever form: real, printed, digital, and including on the Internet. The entrant agrees to take all responsibility for any claims made against The Dieline Awards, Dieline Media, LLC, Neenah Packaging, Emerald Expositions, and/or its affiliated companies, in the event of a dispute or litigation with possible claimant(s) or others. We cannot be held responsible for any problem of reproduction and/or designation of the works.
Admission fees are non-refundable once the application has been accepted. Should shipment of the actual work(s) be required, the entrant(s) must pay all post and shipping costs. The Dieline Awards reserves the right to demand proof of the actual existence and/or publication of the works presented. Failure to do so will result in disqualification from The Dieline Awards.
The decisions of the judges will be final.
WHAT IF I WIN?
The Dieline Awards reserves the right to request samples of the award-winning packaging. The winners agree to ship the award-winning packaging to The Dieline headquarters in Los Angeles, properly protected, with no perishable or dangerous contents, at their own expense. This includes shipment and any taxes. The shipments must specify in English: “Contest Samples – No commercial value.” The Dieline Awards will not be liable for any costs or customs charges.
Please note that entries and product samples will not be returned afterwards. Should the entrant(s) need them back, it is the entrant’s responsibility to request recollection and to arrange a mutually convenient time and date, at the entrant’s own cost. Award winners that are not present to receive their awards, will have their award(s) shipped to them at the winner’s expense.
RATES & DEADLINES
EARLY REGISTRATION EXTENDED!
Friday Nov 17th
$50 (Student & Concept)
Saturday Nov. 18th –
Tuesday Jan. 9th
$60 (Student & Concept)
Wednesday Jan. 10th –
Tuesday Jan 23rd
$70 (Student & Concept)
Wednesday Jan 24th –
Wednesday Jan. 31st
$80 (Student & Concept)
Visited 42 times, 1 Visit today