Training magazine is pleased to offer its 2018 Emerging Training Leaders awards program. The Emerging Training Leaders awards program aims to recognize training professionals who are relatively new to the training/learning and development industry (minimum of two years and maximum of 10 years in the field) and who have demonstrated exceptional leadership skills, business savvy, and training instincts.
Criteria for the Emerging Training Leaders awards nominations include:
- No self-nominations; nominations must come from managers, co-workers, peers/colleagues—each company can nominate ONLY 2 candidates
- Candidate must be in the training industry for a minimum of two years but no more than 10 years
- Candidate took on at least one new responsibility in the last year
- Candidate successfully led a large-scale training/learning and development initiative within the last year that required management/leadership of a group of people and resulted in the achievement of a corporate strategic goal
- Candidate demonstrates specific leadership qualities
- Candidate has the potential to lead the Training or Learning & Development function at an organization in the next one to 10 years
Each nomination can achieve a maximum of 60 points as follows:
1. Number and scope of new responsibilities and importance to the business (5 points)
2. Training initiative (20 points total):
Level of potential business impact (i.e., revenue generation, new product launch, change initiative, new technology launch): 0-3 points
Level of difficulty of challenges faced: 0-2 points
Project scope (companywide, individual functions, global vs. national, etc.): 0-3 points
Instructional design (learning objectives linked to business outcomes; level of leadership involved in design, development, and facilitation; reinforcement): 0-4 points
Innovation of training: 0-4 points
Business outcomes achieved/expectations met: 0-4 points
3. Leadership skills utilized (up to 2 points for quality of each example based on Level 3 and/or 4 results for a total of 30 points)
4. Readiness to lead the T&D function (2 points for timing and 3 point for reason(s) why; for a total of 5 points)
Training’s Top 10 Hall of Famers, Editorial Advisory Board, and I will judge the nominations. Judging will take place in January and February 2018. Winners and their nominators will be notified in March 2018. Winners will be featured in the May/June 2018 print issue of Training magazine. By submitting a nomination for the Emerging Training Leaders awards program, you give Training magazine permission to publish any information not marked NFP (Not For Publication) in a profile of the nominee that would appear in the May/June issue. An awards ceremony will be held during the Training 2019 Conference & Expo in Orlando, FL, in February 2019.
Please download the nomination form below, complete it, and e-mail it to Lorri Freifeld at: email@example.com by January 15, 2018. ENTRIES WILL BE JUDGED SOLELY ON THE NOMINATION FORM; PLEASE DO NOT SEND SUPPORTING MATERIALS. Please e-mail Lorri Freifeld at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
February 12, 2018
Visited 66 times, 1 Visit today