Celebrate the great ideas that achieve real results and the strategy that goes into creating them.
Introduced by the New York American Marketing Association in 1968, the Effie® Awards have since become recognised by advertisers and agencies as the pre-eminent award in the advertising industry. It is now held in 45 countries around the world with 2 regional programmes as well as a global competition.
The Effie Awards honour the most significant achievement in advertising and marketing communications: effectiveness.
The annual awards are presented to recognise the year’s most effective advertising and marketing communications campaigns – campaigns that have delivered superior results in meeting the objectives they were designed to achieve.
EFFIE CORE VALUES
Effie stands for a consistent philosophy and rigorous set of practices, built around the demonstrated ability of communications campaigns to achieve marketing goals.
- Effie is first and foremost an effectiveness award, based upon proven results in the market place. Creative execution is seen as part of the Effie process and is factored into the judgement for an Effie award.
- Effie encourages the dissemination of learning about best practices in advertising and marketing communications effectiveness.
- A strong international Effie network strengthens all Effie programs. It enables partners to share with each other, with the goal of strengthening and expanding the brand worldwide.
WHAT MAKES A WINNING ENTRY?
Campaigns need to successfully combine all disciplines that enter into a successful marketing programme: planning, market research, media creative and account management. They must demonstrate a partnership between agency and client in the creation, management and building of a brand.
The Awards are presented in recognition of the year’s most effective advertising campaigns – campaigns that have delivered superior results by meeting or surpassing the objectives they were designed to achieve.
- ECONOMIC EFFECTS
To create increased confidence that effective advertising generates substantial economic value
To support a culture of continuous improvement, innovation and originality in all facets of advertising
To reinforce the importance of precisely measuring the effect(s) of advertising with its audience
To further understanding throughout the marketing and advertising industry as to how advertising works.
To raise standards of professionalism in the marketing and advertising industries.
To celebrate the success of effective marketers and agencies
The Communications Council has today announced the 2018 Call for Entries for Australian Effie Awards is open, with the closing date set for Thursday 19 April. Running for the tenth consecutive year, the awards celebrate the effectiveness of creative communications, recognising campaigns that can demonstrate outstanding measurable results. Following an annual review, two new categories will be introduced this year to award work in important and evolving areas, including:
- Positive Change: Environmental: The Positive Change: Environmental category celebrates efforts that have measurably shifted audience behaviour toward more environmentally sustainable choices, and/or grown demand for more sustainable products and services by incorporating environmentally-conscious messaging into their marketing communications. Entries should reflect the environmentally sustainable objectives and messaging in their entry. Entries could be either for commercial enterprises, brands or not-for-profit organisations.
- Shopper Marketing: Shopper Marketing covers a variety of disciplines (retail comms, promotions, brand partnerships, activations and experiential, packaging, eCommerce and more) that focus on driving conversion at the point of sale. Built from deep shopper insights, great shopper marketing ideas work from the store back, activating the path to purchase to build brands while driving sales in a growing number of transactional environments.
There are 25 categories to enter. An entrant may select only one category for List A but there is no limit to how many categories are selected from List B.
CEO, Tony Hale, said “The Australian Effie Awards ceremony has become an important annual event for the marketing communications industry in Australia, providing both a showcase and a benchmark for excellence in the area that matters most to our clients – delivering results. The Australian Effies continues to evolve with the changing nature of marketing communications. We anticipate the two new categories will generate strong interest”.
For the fourth year running, agencies are also invited to nominate clients for the Effectiveness Advertiser Award, to celebrate those who champion effectiveness.
An extended and final deadline of Thursday 3rd May 2018 is available for those unable to meet the initial entry deadline of Thursday 19th April, though a late fee will be incurred.
Round One judging will take place online from 12-15 June, with finalists announced on 27th June. Round Two Judging is set for 24th July.
All Effie winners will be announced at an awards dinner and presentation in Sydney on Thursday the 30th August 2018.
The Communications Council would like to thank its sponsors and supporters for their generous support, including Marquee Sponsor Think TV, Displayground, Facebook, Healthcare Committee, Shootsta, UnLtd and WPP AUNZ.
As the peak industry body representing agencies in the marketing communications industry, The Communications Council has been promoting effectiveness for over 25 years through both the Australian Effie Awards and previously the AFA Effectiveness Awards.
|Call For Entries Open:||Thursday, 18 January|
|On-Time Entries Close:||Thursday, 19 April|
|Extended & Final Deadline:||Thursday, 3 May|
|Round 1 Online Judging:||Tuesday 12 – Friday 15 June|
|Finalists Announced:||Wednesday, 27 June|
|Round 2 Judging:||Tuesday, 24 July|
|Executive Judging Review:||Monday, 30 July|
|Awards Dinner & Presentation:||Thursday, 30 August|
|TCC or AANA Advertiser Members Only:||$950+ gst per entry On Time|
|TCC or AANA Advertiser Members Only:||$1,250 + gst per entry Extended|
|Non-Member Agencies or Advertisers Entries:||$1,750 +gst per entry On Time|
|Non-Member Agencies Extended & Final Deadline:||$2,050 + gst per entry|
|Advertisers Extended & Final Deadline:||$2,050 + gst per entry|
August 30, 2018
Visited 127 times, 1 Visit today