We are pleased to announce that the 2018 Gas Industry awards lunch will be returning to the Hilton on Park Lane, London.
The event organised by The Institution of Gas Engineers and Managers (IGEM) and The Energy and Utilities Alliance (EUA), will see over 600 attendees gather to celebrate the largest and most prestigious event of the gas industry calendar.
This annual event honours the outstanding companies and people who make the gas great and in 2017 saw the highest number of nominations in the history of the Gas Industry Awards.
Nominations are now open. You can now enter online. You will need to register first and then you can complete your nominations online.
If you are interested in booking your place, please contact Natalie Burrows at EUA (Natalie@eua.org.uk) or 01926 513741
Individual places are £140 per person or £1,200 for a table of 10.
The 2018 Gas Industry Awards features 10 categories for you to either enter an individual or company.
The 2018 categories are:
1. Manager of the Year
2. Engineer of the Year
3. Gas Industry Safety Award
4. Innovation Award – project of the year
5. Innovation Award – product of the year
6. Customer Service Award
7. Company of the Year
8. Gas Industry Leadership Award
9. Young Person’s Achievement (aged 35 and under)
10. Energy Efficiency Award
Nominating a company or fellow professional is simple and presents a fantastic opportunity to have their achievements recognised by peers, customers, partner organisations and the public.
Nominations are now open. Closing date is Friday 16 February 2018.
Awards criteria and guidance
IGEM and EUA
GAS INDUSTRY AWARDS 2018 RULES AND PROCEDURAL GUIDELINES
IGEM and EUA will invite nominations each year for categories of Award to be defined by both Councils. Multiple similarly worded nominations will not be permitted.
These will be prestigious Awards to acknowledge outstanding contributions, usually achieved
during the previous twelve months or other appropriate period, within the categories specified.
IGEM and EUA intend to make Awards each year, but reserve the right to withhold all, or any of the Awards, or to add to or vary the categories, in their own discretion and IGEM and EUA, their
Officers, Employees and Agents shall not be liable for any loss, suffering, disadvantage or penalty arising from such decision.
Nomination Forms should be typed and completed online. All Nomination Forms received will be acknowledged. If nothing is heard within seven days of submission nominators should contact Lesley Ecob, PA to the Chief Executive Officer at IGEM, telephone 01509 678167 or email email@example.com
A Nominations Panel agreed by the Councils will meet after the closing date for submitting nominations has passed to review all nominations received on a confidential basis to ensure, so far as practicable, that a reasonable amount of information will be available for the Judges to enable them to reach a balanced decision.
The Nomination Panel shall be empowered to seek further information in support of any nomination, but no indication that an Award will be made within the particular or any category shall be implied by such enquiries, nor shall any such implication be conveyed by the person
empowered by the Nomination Panel to make the further enquiries.
All properly completed nomination forms will be considered by a Judging Panel agreed by the two Councils. The IGEM President of the day will normally Chair meetings of the Judging Panel, but may elect not to be involved. If the President is not able to Chair the Judging Panel, whether because of absence, having declared an interest or for any other reason, the remaining members of the Panel shall elect one of their number to act as Chairman. Membership of the Judging Panel will be open to non-Council members with special experience if the Councils so decide.
No member of the Judging Panel shall be eligible for an Award. Any member of the Judging Panel must declare an interest, however remote, and withdraw from the Judging Panel during consideration
of any such nominations within the appropriate category when an interest exists.
The Quorum for the Judging Panel shall be 3 members.
The Judging Panel shall determine its own procedure for assessing the relative merits of nominations, shall agree the wording of the citation for each Award and the format of the announcement at the presentation ceremony. If the number or quality of nominations in any category is judged by the Judging panel to be deficient, the Panel shall be empowered to agree other appropriate nominations to be considered for the category under review. The decisions of the Judges
shall be final and not subject to objection or appeal.
In the event of a tied vote in any deliberation by the Judging Panel the Chairman shall be entitled to cast a deciding vote and this vote shall be final.
The decisions of the Judging Panel shall remain confidential until the results are publicly declared at the Awards Lunch and acceptance of Judging Panel membership is deemed to carry with it the commitment of each Member to observe confidentiality as to the proceedings of and discussions within the Judging Panel.
Any Judging Panel Member found to be in breach of these Rules shall not be eligible to be considered for membership of any future Judging Panel.
IGEM and EUA
GAS INDUSTRY AWARDS 2018
NOTES FOR GUIDANCE
- The Scheme Rules and Procedural Guidelines are to be read in conjunction with these notes.
- Nominations may be made using the online nomination forms. Forms
should be typed to assist the Judges. The Closing Date for Entries is 16TH FEBRUARY 2018.
- The only restriction on making nominations is that multiple similarly worded nominations will not be permitted.
- The Panel of Judges will be decided by the IGEM and EUA Councils and will comprise representatives of and those with knowledge of the gas and energy industries.
- All nominations will be considered initially by a Nominations Panel, the membership of which will be approved by IGEM and EUA. If, in their sole discretion, the Nominations Panel feels that additional information would be helpful to the Judges, this will be requested from the nominator who will be expected to keep the enquiry confidential as well as supplying the further details sought within the timescale requested.
- In making nominations it is recommended that nominators should consider what information is likely to aid the Judges in assessing the merits of the proposal. The range of experiences, achievements, challenges faced and time constraints will inevitably vary between candidates and separate considerations are likely to be applied to each Award. It will be important to emphasise achievement and the context in which this was delivered.
- The Nomination Form seeks up to 50 words as the reason for the nomination and provides that this information may form the whole or part of the citation made by the Judges in the event of the
nomination being successful. Additionally, four bullet points are requested which will provide a “pen picture” of the basis on which an assessment may be made. The additional information which nominators may wish to make available is not prescribed and permits flexibility and freedom of approach up to the point where the Judges may conclude that an unduly long submission is being made.
- Both IGEM and EUA are determined that success in the Award Scheme shall be based upon meritorious performance and are anxious to emphasise that unduly lengthy, glossy or high cost submissions will not improve the chances of success.
- Prior to the Closing Date for the submission of nominations, additional information, or the opportunity to discuss particular points, will be made available upon request to IGEM or EUA.
Institution of Gas Engineers and Managers
26-28 High Street Kegworth DE74 2DA
Registered Charity No 214011
Ref: AWARDS 2018
May 15, 2018
Hilton Park Lane, London
Visited 27 times, 1 Visit today