Created and set up by Directors and Co-Founders Jemma Clifford & Anna Price, the aim of the Rural Business Awards is to give recognition to businesses operating right across the Rural sector. The CLA define rural businesses as fitting into three broad categories – Land Based businesses, Land Related Businesses and Other Businesses located in rural areas. Our category selection this year aims to draw together businesses from across these three broad areas to acknowledge the breadth and depth of opportunity presented by the Great British countryside, as well as to celebrate the achievements of our rural businesses, from engineering through to artisan food producers and professional services organisations.
Importantly the awards are organised by rural business for rural business and judged by people who understand the rural sector. Businesses operating in the Rural sector employ in excess of 3.4million people within over 600,000 businesses, and the sector is growing rapidly.
In partnership with the CLA and Amazon, and with support from our winners, entrants and sponsors we are positioned once again to generate considerable excitement, interest and pride in the achievements’ of our Rural Business sector.
The thirteen award categories will be decided by an independent panel of judges drawn from the rural business sector, official agencies and rural charitable organisations.
Our aim is to grow The Rural Business Awards to become the UK’s most prestigious and respected Awards for rural businesses.
The Rural Business Awards Timescales for 2018
1. Entries for the 2018 Rural Business Awards open on 1st November 2017.
2. The deadline for 2018 entries is Thursday 31st May 2018.
3. Shortlisting judging for each region will take place during June and early July 2018.
4. The shortlisted finalists will be announced throughout June and July 2018.
We try to be as quick as possible but following shortlisting we have to review the scoring and complete moderation. We are incredibly proud of our transparent judging system and offer feedback on all entries upon request,
We cannot always personally respond to all entrants, but all entrants will be informed by email when the shortlist is announced on our website.
5. Tickets go on sale
Tickets for the regional ceremonies will be available when the shortlist is announced. Shortlisted entrants will have priority access to tickets until the end of August 2018 after which they will be on general release.
6. Each region will have an awards ceremony to be held during October 2018.
7. The National Final will take place in February 2019.
The regional winners from each category will go to the grand final for the chance of being crowned National Category Winners.
The Rural Business Awards are going regional for 2018.
Having engaged with businesses now for three years, we have a good understanding of the remit and markets in which many of you operate. We have taken the decision that 2018 will see us take our Awards Regional. We will be aligning with the CLA regions and running events in the North, East, Midlands, South East, South West and Wales. Our regional winners will be announced at six ceremonies throughout October 2018, with locations for these announced at a later date.
Each of the category winners will then be entered into our National Final with the opportunity to be crowned National Category Winner – the best of the best in each category. The National Final will happen at a ceremony in early 2019
The 2018 Categories
- Best Rural Start Up
- Outstanding Rural Diversification Project
- Best Rural Retail Business
- Best Rural Manufacturing Business
- Best Rural Professional Services Business
- Best Rural Creative or Media Based Business
- Rural Social Enterprise or Community Project of the Year
- Best Rural Tourism Business
- Best Rural Recreational or Outdoor Pursuits Business
- Best Rural Education or Training Business
- Best Rural Food Business
- Best Rural Drink Business
- Rural Employee of the Year
Download the full entry guidelines for all the categories, including the regional information and updated categories for 2018.
October 5, 2018
Visited 44 times, 1 Visit today