How to enter
There are 14 categories available to enter as well as a ‘Supreme’ award.
Just complete an entry form for EACH entry you submit.
Multiple entries for one category from companies are allowed, as are entries for more than one award. A particular job may also be entered in multiple categories.
Three* examples of the job must accompany EACH separate entry and a separate entry form is required for each category, photocopies are acceptable.
*Unless pre-agreed with the organiser.
Send entries to:
The Print, Design & Marketing Awards 2017
30 London Road
Entry is FREE for up to three entries per category, then, for all subsequent entries in that category a charge of £25 per entry will be required. Payment must be made by cheque, made payable to Whitmar Publications Ltd. with the entries.
The winners & presentations
The judging panel is formed of independent industry experts and nominated finalists will be announced prior to the awards. The winners will be presented with their award by the category sponsor.
The awards presentations will be held on the 29 June 2017 on the Silver Sturgeon, the River Thames, London. A limited number of tables and booths are available, tables of 10 at £2450 +VAT, booths of 6 at £1470+VAT and individual tickets £245+VAT. Tables and tickets are now available from Whitmar Publications on 01892 779599 or book securily online.
Terms and conditions
1. Entries must have been produced by the printing company entering the awards. Print equipment manufacturers and suppliers are not eligible to enter.
2. The Print & Design categories are for commercial work undertaken by the printing company entering the awards.
3. The Marketing categories are for printers own promotionalcampaigns, not for work undertaken for their customers.
4. All entries must have been produced in the 12 months prior to 28 April 2017.
5. Whitmar Publications reserves the right to use any entries received for marketing and promotional purposes in its magazines and websites.
6. Entrants must have obtained the permission of their customer(s) (except marketing category) before entering.
7. Whitmar Publications cannot accept responsibility for entries submitted.
8. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. Whitmar Publications are unable to return entries unless ticked on the entry form, in which case we would require you to arrange collection of the entries or cover any postage costs.
10. Entries may be moved to a different category at the discretion of the judges.
11. Entries received after the deadline will be subject to a flat £50 late fee.
Print & Design criteria:
Overall, the judges are looking for production, quality, creativity and innovation.
Print & Design categories
Best multi media campaign
A campaign that benefits the customer by using print as part of an integrated multi-media campaign.
Books and booklets
To include: soft back books and booklets, whether perfect bound or saddle stitched.
Creative use of substrates
Examples of how the choice and creative usage of a substrate has helped to shape a print job, where the substrate complements good use of print, design and finishing.
To include: leaflets, brochures and mail campaigns.
A printed piece that has been produced to high environmental standards across its entire lifecycle.
To include: high quality and innovation in the use of finishing processes.
A printed piece from any sector of the market that demonstrates real creativity, imagination and clarity of presentation for the recipient.
Hardback books incorporating photobooks
To include: perfect bound hard cased books and photobooks.
Magazines and catalogues
Judges will be looking at aspects such as quality of production, logistical excellence, and additional services that assist the development of new publishing models for the customer in deciding the winner of this category.
Report and accounts
To include: report and accounts, company reports and financial reports.
Special effects including varnishes, foiling and raised effects
A piece that really stands out from the crowd! The winning entry will heap beauty and creativity onto the inherent tactile nature of print and paper, enhancing the design and delivering a stunning piece of print.
Wide and super wide format
High quality print items produced using wide format or super wide format for a range of applications such as POS, graphics, posters, labelling, packaging, building wraps, vehicle livery and industrial decoration. Photography may be submitted to replace physical examples of work where this is not feasible e.g. building wrap.
Short run printing
All entries with a run length of 500 or less will automatically be entered into this award.
The Marketing categories will be judged on the following criteria:
Overall, the judges are looking for clear marketing strategy, quality in execution, and impact on business performance and results.
Please note: The marketing categories are for the printers’ own campaign, not for work undertaken for customers.
Best multi channel marketing campaign
A marketing campaign by a printer that combines multiple channels to promote its services. This can, but need not, include print. Evidence of ROI and benefit to the business will be necessary.
Best printed marketing collateral
High quality print production, originality in messaging and design, use of variable data and personalisation, contribution to growing the business – all of these may factor in the standout piece of printed marketing collateral.
June 21, 2018
aboard the Silver Sturgeon, the River Thames, London
Visited 63 times, 1 Visit today