The BVCA Management Team Awards, produced in association with Grant Thornton UK LLP, is our annual celebration of UK businesses backed by private equity and venture capital.
Right across the country we have extraordinary companies doing amazing things supported by outstanding investors. As the trade association for private equity and venture capital funds, we give these fantastic business leaders the recognition they deserve.
In 2018, these awards will be in their 10th year and we are proud to have such a deep pool of companies that truly represent how private equity and venture capital works. A list of our past winners can be found below and we have our Case Studies section here to illustrate just what makes these companies such a success.
Nominations for the 2018 awards are now open. Click on the link below for the submission form.
Management Team Award process
NOMINATE YOUR BEST BUSINESS OF THE YEAR
Both BVCA members and management teams can make nominations for the awards which are judged on a regional basis. Each region has its own deadline for nominations (more details below) and the winners of each regional final will be announced and the awards presented at our National Dinners throughout the course of the year. All winners will then be automatically entered into the national final, the results of which will be revealed at the national awards ceremony at the Annual Gala Dinner on 29 November 2018 in London.
Nominations for 2018 are now open. Please click on the button to make your submission. Good luck!
- Large Company Management Team
Defined as a company with an approximate enterprise value in excess of £100m during 2016, as evidenced either at time of investment or in the opinion of the judges.
- Mid-Market Management Team
Defined as a company with an approximate enterprise value of £20-100m, as above.
- Growth Management Team
Defined as a company with an enterprise value of less than £20m, as above.
- Venture-backed Management Team
Defined as a company backed by a venture capital firm, not an MBO or MBI, where the investment was substantially to develop an innovative technology product or service.
- Business Transformation Management Team
Defined as a Company where fundamental change and/or investment was undertaken to put the business onto a growth path.
- Social Responsibility Management Team
A company which engages in best-in class commercial activity with regards to environment, social or governance (ESG) issues. This award will now be a national award only, presented as part of our Responsible Investment Awards at the BVCA Summit. MTA nominees will be automatically considered for this award and contacted if shortlisted.
The judges will be asked to assess the awards against the following criteria.
For the Large, Mid-market and Growth company categories:
- Building an attractive, distinctive business which stands out from others in its sector;
- Skilled execution of particular projects, including product innovation, acquisition, capital investment, international expansion, marketing innovation;
- Evidence of bold and authentic leadership, including development of a strong, progressive culture and wider contribution to society;
- Overall evidence of growth, including profit growth and returns on exit.
For Venture-backed Management Team of the Year:
- Particular focus on bringing to market new and high impact innovations;
- Evidence of skill in the way innovations have been translated into products, for example partnerships, regulatory hurdles overcome, technical challenges navigated;
- Financial success to be judged not by reference to profitability: external validation still essential but more likely to be by revenue growth, significant contracts and external investment from respected investors at increasing valuations.
For Business Transformation Management Team of the Year as above and also:
- Evidence of a bold, decisive plan, well executed;
- Positive impact on employment and the local economy.
For Social Responsibility Management Team of the Year:
- Evidence of commercial activities which stand out for their positive impact on the environment, the workplace, the marketplace, the community or governance issues.
- Ned Dorbin, Business Growth Fund
- Guy Davies, WestBridge Capital
- Julian Dennard, Mercia
- Richard Babington, Mobeus
- Jonathan Boss, Downing
- Peter Latham, LDC
- Jeff Thomas, UK Cloud
May 3, 2018
Visited 129 times, 1 Visit today