Our Awards Programme
The HPMA Excellence Awards 2018 will as always recognise and reward the outstanding work in healthcare human resource management.
Download our infosheet and flyer to take a browse at the categories and criteria offline (links below right – blue blocks) or start your entry now at https://hpma.awardsplatform.com
How to enter
- Register for an account at hpma.awardsplatform.com if you experience problems accessing the site to register please contact your IT department to unblock the site.
- Review the categories (criteria and submission questions) and decide which best fit your projects, change process or initiatives. You are welcome to discuss project suitability with the awards team on 02083344530. You are welcome to submit more than one project into the competitionbut each project should only be enteredinto one category.
- Prepare your entry, check you have followed word limits, and fully answered each question, reflecting the listed criteria. You will be scored again each criteria. Failure to address a criteria in your answers will impact your shortlisting score.
- Confirm that your head of department or nominated director (for Deputy HR director, HR director of the year or rising star) is happy to endorse the entry. The nominations for lifetime achievement should be kept secret!
- Complete the online form. You will be asked to complete full contact details of project team (or nominator / nominee). Please do so carefully as we will use this data to contact you with the results of the shortlisting stages.
- Additional attachments for the recuitment and analytics categories are permitted so remember to upload and submit files to support your entry when promoted.
- Make a final check that all details are correct and submit your entry. You may continue to return to your entry and resubmit until the entry deadline.
- If you do not recieve the confirmation email, please contact the awards team and we will confirm receipt of your entry.
- In the event of a problem with your submission, please contact the awards team by calling 02083344500 or emailing email@example.com.
Entries will be initially assessed on the basis of online submissions alone. Therefore failure to address a submission question or stated category criteria will have a negative impact on your score at this short listing stage of the competition.
The judges (selected members of HPMA council, branches, representatives from the UK Health Departments, industry specialists and category sponsors) do not review any entry with which they have a conflict of interest, any personal or professional affiliation.
Each entry is evaluated and scored by multiple reviewers. Entries which fair the best through this process are included on category shortlists.
Closing date for entries 5pm Wednesday 21 February 2018.
All entrants must be available to at a judging day (Tuesday 17 April 2018) as shortlisted projects will be asked to present their project entries in greater detail (DAC Beachcroft offices, Fetter Lane, central London).
Usually three shortlisted teams in each category are invited to present their project entry (up to 15 minutes) and answer additional questioning from our judging panels (a further 15 minutes). The judges further evaluate the shortlisted entries based on the original criteria and identify the winning project entry. In the event of a tie, the panel Chairperson casts the tie-breaking vote.
Rules and guidelines:
- Entries must be submitted online
- Project submissions may be submitted into only one award category (although you can enter as often as you like with different projects)
- The judges reserve the right to re-allocate an entry to a different category, if appropriate.
- Entries will be initially assessed against the judging criteria set out
- Failure to address a submission question will have a negative impact on your score at the shortlisting stage of the competition.
- All entrants must be available to attend judging day in April (Tuesday 17 April 2018) as shortlisted projects will be asked to present their project in greater detail.
- Winning submissions will be published in a variety of media.
- Online feedback is now offered by our shortlisting judges on the awards platform to all entries. Judges feedback is not compulsory but encouraged.
- The judges’ decision is final.
For more details on any category go to hpma.awardsplatform.com
Capsticks award for innovation in HR
A cutting edge, creative initiative within any sphere of HR management that has led to improved practice.
Social Partnership Forum award for partnership working between employers and trade unions
An initiative that demonstrates the benefits of partnership working, between employers and trade unions
Neyber award for excellence in employee engagement
Awarded to an organisation that has significantly improved patient care and happier, more motivated and more productive workforce through improved staff engagement.
Academi Wales Award for Excellence in Organisational Development
An OD initiative or project that has significantly benefited the organisation through improved effectiveness or viability.
Award for best use of Your ESR
Sponsored by NHS ESR Programme
Initiatives that demonstrate how an organisation’s effective use of their Electronic Staff Record system is helping them to support their business objectives and deliver service improvements
Award for HR analytics
This category recognises how the analysis of workforce data delivers insight, which generates action, leading to better decision making and an increase in HR effectiveness.
University of Bradford award for cross-sector working
Increasingly solutions are not developed or delivered by one sector alone whether public or private, but require cross-sector collaboration. This award is for a project, product or service across sectors that, in the last year, has had a measurable impact and delivered real outcomes.
Vivup award for wellbeing
This award recognises organisations who can demonstrate how specific employee health, fitness or wellbeing initiatives are making a positive impact on staff satisfaction, motivation, health or productivity.
Most effective use of diversity
Awarded to an organisation that has significantly improved diversity and can demonstrate impact on governance, recruitment and/or promotion.
Chamberlain Dunn Learning award for education, learning and development initiative
We are looking for entries that demonstrate a strong link between L&D initiatives and key business goals. An organisational culture that promotes learning, focuses on talent and performance, uses innovative delivery approaches and encourages openness among employees about their development needs.
Award for working smarter
This new award is looking for projects, programmes or initiatives that demonstrate how HR teams have worked ‘smarter’, to save money while still improving quality, safety and patient care.
HSJ strategic recruitment award
This award recognises well-planned, well-designed and well-executed work that has helped healthcare organisations to achieve their recruitment goals. Measurable evidence of how the strategy and execution met the brief and its objectives will be required. Any initiatives launched in 2016 are eligible.
Guardian Jobs rising star award
The Rising Star award aims to recognise up-and-coming HR practitioners that are set for a bright future. Entrants can self-nominate or be nominated by a senior manager. Candidates must have worked for a minimum of two years in HR (but not necessarily in current role) and present evidence of their contribution to the business. The entrant should be below the level of deputy HR director or equivalent.
Deputy HR director of the year
A UK healthcare deputy director (or equivalent role) demonstrating an outstanding contribution to their employer, the sector and the HR profession over the last 12 months.
HR director of the year
Sponsored by Liaison
Awarded to a UK healthcare HR Director demonstrating excellent leadership and an outstanding contribution to the HR profession over the past 12 months.
Recruitment team of the year
sponsored by Health Sector Jobs
A UK healthcare employer-led recruitment team working together and achieving exceptional things over the past 12 months.
HR team of the year
sponsored by The Welsh Government
A UK healthcare HR team working together and achieving exceptional things over the past 12 months.
President’s award for outstanding lifetime achievement
Sponsored by DACBeachcroft
Awarded to an individual who has made contributions of outstanding significance to the field of healthcare human resource management.
Entry deadline 17pm Wednesday 21 February 2018
Judging day Tuesday 17 April 2018 (London)
Awards ceremony June 2017 (London)
The 2018 HPMA Excellence in HRM Awards ceremony is a black tie celebration held in June in Central London.
To buy tickets contact Rachael@chamberdunn.co.uk
The pre-dinner reception will take place in the venue from 6.30pm. Enjoy a few pre-event drinks with fellow finalists, network with invited guests before the big show.
Awards celebration dinner
Guests will enjoy a three-course gourmet dinner with wine.
Our awards ceremony will guided by our wonderful host, Simon Fanshawe from approximately 9.30 – 10.45pm.
Keep the celebration going by taking to the dancefloor with music or networking in the bar, until 1.00am.
Who will be there?
Attendees include finalists and their guests, HPMA members, judges, sponsors and special invited attendees. Honour your team, network with HR professionals, and above all, have a night to remember.
Accommodation for guests
We recommend booking directly with the relevant hotel chain or trying websites such as Expedia.co.uk, Hotels.com or Booking.com for better savings.
Visited 80 times, 1 Visit today