The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Award is open to individuals at any stage in their water sector career who can demonstrate commitment to continuous learning and improvement. Applicants will be expected to be a member of the Institute of Water.
Short-listed entrants are invited to attend the Institute of Water’s Annual Awards Dinner where the winner is presented with their trophy in a prestigious ceremony, surrounded by senior figures from the water sector.
2018 Applications Now Open
Submission of Entries
The competition is now open and will close on 28th February 2018.
To apply please send your CPD record for the last 12 months to Sarah@instituteofwater.org.uk .
We appreciate that everyone has a slightly different way of undertaking and recording CPD. It’s a personal thing. That’s why we are flexible in terms of the format that entries need to take. However, successful entries will contain the following as a minimum:
- A clear timeline showing the CPD activities you have undertaken and when you did them.
- A development plan, showing what you set out to achieve (i.e. development goals).
- An assessment of how successfully your CPD activities met your goals.
Entries are scored on four categories. The winning entry would be expected to contain elements of all of these:
- Scoping – Identifying skill gaps and opportunities for development
- Planning – Setting relevant goals for development activities and target dates
- Recording – Accurately recording development achievements and learning outcomes
- Reflecting – Evaluating achievements and reviewing them against professional and development needs
April 19, 2018
Visited 11 times, 1 Visit today