The Care Home Awards are benchmarks for innovation and excellence in care home management, operations and delivery of service, as well as for the suppliers to the sector.
The call for entries is well under way, with entries already being received. Because the date of the Awards ceremony has moved from May to June, we are able to extend the deadline for entries to February 16, but do let us know you are entering so that we can make sure your entry is safely received and processed.
Closing date for entries extended: February 16, 2018
Awards ceremony and lunch: Wednesday June 27, 2018
The Care Home Awards
The Care Home Awards aim to establish the annual benchmark of excellence and innovation for UK care home management, operation and delivery.
This commercial sector is growing fast in the UK as the population ages and these new Awards will tease out brilliant examples of both care homes and outstanding suppliers to the sector, give them due recognition and celebrating their success at a memorable Awards occasion.
The Care Home Awards re-open for entries on September 1, 2017 and the final deadline date for entries is February 16, 2018.
Judging takes place during February and March, with a short-list of Finalists being announced as early as possible in March.
The award categories 2018
The categories for the Care Home Awards 2018 have been revised.
Currently, there are 12 categories for care homes, 12 for suppliers and service providers to enter, and 6 categories for overall achievement:
Suggestions for new categories or revisions to category descriptions for 2019 are always welcome.
Care Home categories
- Best for Architecture, Interior Design or Communal Spaces
- Best for Garden or Outdoor Spaces
- Best for Communication (with residents, families, friends & carers)
- Best Facilities Management or Maintenance Team
- Best for Clinical Facilities
- Best for Non-clinical Facilities (including wellbeing and alternative therapies)
- Best for Sporting, Social or Leisure Activities
- Best for Nutrition, Food & the Dining Experience
- Best Care Home Marketing, Advertising or PR Campaign or Initiative
- Best Training Initiative
- Best Nursing Care
- Best Specialist Care (including respite, dementia, special needs, stroke, etc)
- Best Equipment or Furniture Supplier
- Best Clinical Equipment, Product or Service Supplier
- Best Paramedical or Therapeutic Service, Activity or Product (eyecare, chiropody, hygiene, therapies, art, music, etc.)
- Best Professional Services Provider (legal, financial, planning, property management, compliance, etc.)
- Best Architecture or Interior Design Specialists
- Best Consultancy
- Best Food or Catering Supplier
- Best Maintenance Supplies & Soft Facilities
- Best Outdoor Supplier (landscaping, equipment, etc)
- Best Training Provider
- Best IT & Communications Supplier (equipment, software and services)
- Best Marketing, Advertising, PR or Digital Specialist
Overall Achievement Categories (Gold Awards)
(To enter these Overall Achievement categories you must have entered at least one of the Care Home categories)
- Best Individual Care Home
- Best Single Care Home in a Group
- Best Residential Community
- Best Small Care Home Group (up to 9 homes)
- Best Regional or National Group (10-49 homes)
- Best Large Care Home Group (over 50 homes)
PLEASE NOTE: THE CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES IS JANUARY 22 2018.
If you have constructive thoughts about the categories we would love to hear them, especially if your views help us improve the categories for 2019.
To enter the Care Home Awards you will need to pay the entry fee for each entry you make. The entry fee for is GBP £125.00 for the first entry. You pay for your entries, online, at the time of entry and you will be taken to the payment page when you click the Submit button at the foot of the entry form. This may take a few seconds to load, so please be patient. The first entry made by a company will always be £125.00. Any company wishing to make a second or more entries may do so at the lower rate of £75.00 per additional entry, simply by clicking the “This is a secondary entry” check box on any subsequent entry form. We will monitor entries carefully and if, for any reason, you pay too much, we will immediately refund the overpayment.
UK Value Added Tax (VAT) will be added to the entry fee when applicable and the payment page should automatically show you the correct amount to pay.
What does the entry fee cover?
The fee is an administration fee covering the personnel costs involved in checking entries and their bona fides, collating all entries and bookmarking them in portfolios for the ease of the judges, convening the judging panels, supervising the judging process and events, covering any expense items associated with the judging, calculating all marks to establish a benchmark for all categories, compiling the short lists of finalists and publicising the short list of finalists through the media partners and other channels. Each entry must be paid for separately and will incur a fee.
When you complete your entry you will be taken to the payment page, where you will be able to pay for your entries using any internationally recognised credit or debit card, via the PayPal for Business system.
Deadline for entries is January 22, 2018
How to enter
The Care Home Awards really are simple to enter if you follow this five-point plan:
1. Write a brief, descriptive paper in English, offline
2. Complete the Entry Form online
3. Upload your written paper when prompted by the Entry Form
4. Click “Submit” to send your Entry Form, written paper and images
5. Pay the initial entry fee of £125 plus VAT, as applicable, online (second and subsequent entries can be made at a lower rate of £75 each + VAT)
Please visit the USEFUL ADVICE page for further helpful guidance on preparing and submitting your entry for the Care Home Awards.
Eligibility: A company may enter the 2018 Awards if the entry submission covers the period from October 1, 2016 to December 31, 2017 – a fifteen-month period. Please remember, any relevant web and mobile sites must have been available online before midnight on December 31, 2017.
THE CALL FOR ENTRIES HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO FEBRUARY 16, 2018.
The deadline has been extended because the date for the Awards lunch and ceremony has moved to June 27 at the Health+Care Show, Excel London, giving all entrants extra time to enter.
The Care Home Awards call up and attract senior level judges from across the care home sector. If you are interested in becoming a judge for the 2018 Care Home Awards, please send a short form CV by email to Matthew Davies.
The 2017 Awards the judging panel drew upon the expertise of the following:
- Tristan Brassey, Director, Berwick Care Equipment
- Debbie Harris, Founder, Chosen with Care
- David Hefford, Commercial Director, Cornerstone Healthcare
- Dana O’Donnell, Interior Design Manager, Nursing Hygiene Group
- Alan Rustad, Publisher & Editor, Care Home Management
- Tom Threadgill, Director, Shuttlefish
- Sara Whalley, Director of Operations, NABS Peterhouse
- Alistair White, Marketing Consultant, Care England
- Steve Winter, Operations Director, Ganymede Care Ltd
- Owain Wright, Founder, Care Funding Guidance
The experience and talents for the judging panels for the Care Home Awards will range from association and institutional heads, medical / clinical experts, therapists, key suppliers, marketing, IT and telecommunications providers, to nursing and specialist care experts and others with operations, management or financial expertise.
June 27, 2018
the Platinum Suite at Excel London
Visited 100 times, 1 Visit today