Cardiff is growing rapidly as a centre for economic activity and as a great place to work and live.
Not only are financial and professional services firms being attracted to relocate to the city but existing companies are expanding and there is an exciting new startup scene in sectors such as life sciences and the digital economy.
The inaugural Cardiff Business Awards in 2015 brought the business community together for the first time to recognise those entrepreneurial and innovative ventures that are making a difference.
In 2017, the third Cardiff Business awards will continue to celebrate the best businesses in Cardiff and the vast potential that exists within the capital city of Wales.
The black tie event will take place on the 23rd June at City Hall. The evening will start at 6.30pm with a drinks reception and the awards ceremony will take place after dinner. The event will be followed by an aftershow party at 29 Park Place. Tickets are available for purchase from the website.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Grapevine Event Management
Co-founder of CBA
Professor Dylan Jones-Evans OBE
Co-founder of CBA
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Each award will be given to a company or individual whose main base is located within the local authority area of Cardiff County Council.
- The business should have been trading for a minimum of 12 months on the 31st December 2016.
THE JUDGING PROCESS
The Cardiff Business Awards have been designed to be as simple as possible.
- Applications are to be received by 5pm on 7th April 2017. Following receipt of entries, the Judges will draw up a shortlist of a minimum of three finalists for each award who will then be interviewed in May by the panel of judges (which will also include two independent judges representing Cardiff Business Club and Cardiff Council).
- The interviews will be the process by which the winner of each category is chosen.
- Initial entries will be assessed by a small panel of Judges consisting of Professor Dylan Jones-Evans (chair), along with representatives from NatWest Bank (the main sponsor of the awards) and Cardiff Council.
The decision of the judges is final regarding all categories for the Cardiff Business Awards.
The Cardiff Business Awards have the following awards in 2017:
- Construction Business of the Year
- Creative and Digital Business of the Year
- Employer of the Year
- Entrepreneur of the Year
- Family Business of the Year
- Financial and Professional Service Business of the Year
- Green Business of the Year
- ICAEW Business Future’s award – Community Business of the Year
- International Business of the Year
- Leisure and Hospitality Business of the Year
- Manufacturing Business of the Year
- Retail Business of the Year
- SME of the Year
- Start up Business of the Year
- Social Enterprise of the Year
- Technology and Innovation Business of the Year
- Young Business Person of the Year
In addition, there will be an Outstanding Contribution award that will be chosen by the judges and will recognise an individual or organisation that has had a major influence and impact on the Cardiff business community.
June 15, 2018
Visited 105 times, 1 Visit today