Our full terms & conditions, refunds & cancellations information, policy on ‘scam’ entries and all Special Awards rules.
Judging at Dubai Lynx
Each year, much interest is focused on the winners of the Dubai Lynx awards. The campaigns, agencies, clients, networks and countries from across MENA that have been successful are given a huge platform across the region.
But before there are winners, there’s judging.
Enormous consideration is given to who will judge the work and how. The high calibre of the juries is matched by the high standards that they’re held to and the rigorous processes they undertake.
This is what sets Dubai Lynx apart and ensures it continues to be MENA’s most respected creative accolade.
How the judging works
Judging consists of three rounds involving viewing, voting, discussion and awarding of trophies.
In the first round, judges consider and score each entry on a scale of one to nine based on whether they consider it a shortlist candidate.
The second round is a review where judges will consider whether entries on this provisional shortlist are worthy of being shortlisted only, a possible winner or a definite winner. Typically, about twenty per cent of entries will make it to this stage.
In the final round, guided by the Jury President, judges review and debate entries before voting on whether they consider each a gold, silver or bronze winner, or shortlist only. It takes a two-thirds majority vote to claim a trophy and only about 9% of entries will do so.
After voting, results are read out and juries confirm the decisions. Candidates for Grand Prix, selected from among Gold winners, are also identified and further discussion follows before a last vote to determine the Grand Prix winner.
Entries for public awareness messages, non-profit organisations and charities aren’t eligible in their category, but will be considered for the Grand Prix for Good.
Final results aren’t made public until the awards ceremony.
New for 2018
Reflecting the growth of the industry in the MENA region, 2018 sees the introduction of the Healthcare Awards at Dubai Lynx to celebrate brave and innovative ideas within health, wellness and pharmaceutical communications. Game-changing creativity within this strictly regulated space has the potential not just to win awards and drive business, but to change lives.
Creativity can be a powerful force for good, so this year we are introducing a category to prove it. Creative Effectiveness for Good will celebrate the measurable impact of creativity with social purpose at its heart. We are also adding Long-Term Creative Effectiveness, which will reward campaigns that achieve sustained brand effectiveness over a longer period.
Direct marketing has embraced technology to push boundaries and personalise communications. To reflect this we are introducing two new categories covering Use of Technology and Use of Mobile.
Branded Content & Entertainment
In tune with the power of music and brand collaboration, this year we have introduced a whole playlists worth of new categories that celebrate fan engagement, live experience, product integration and excellence in music / brand partnership.
Internet users are now predominantly using more than one connected device, switching from desktop to mobile to accomplish tasks, consume content and interact. To reflect this more fluid approach to digital communications, a new Cross-device Campaign category has been added. We also have three new social categories for you to like, share and tweet. This year we are introducing real-time response, community building/management and use of data & insight.
Context is everything for Media, therefore breadth and clarity is required in order to recognise communication that truly shines. Refinements this year include a new Use of Mobile added to our channels categories. In response to industry demand we have also added Use of Data, plus a new ‘Excellence in Media’ section, which aims to recognise the media agencies and the craft behind the best work.
Introducing a more nuanced campaign section this year, Mobile now has its very own campaign category. We also now have a new Cross-device Campaign led by mobile, In line with our changes to interactive (see above).
A couple of new additions to ensure all specialisms are being celebrated in PR. This year sees the introduction of Business Citizenship / Environmental and Content-led Engagement & Marketing.
Promo & Activation
Promo & Activation returns to celebrate engaging brand storytelling with brand new Immersive Customer Experience and Use of Mobile categories.
Radio & Audio
As traditional radio and streaming services become more analogous, this year we introduce two new categories to celebrate Use of Audio Technology and Use of Branded Content / Programming / Podcasts.
Rules for entering
1. The work has aired, launched or been released to the public for the first time between 1 February 2017 and 28 February 2018. If a campaign exceeds this period, a minimum of two thirds falls within this window.
2. The work has been created within the context of a normal paying contract with a client OR if it’s a case of self-promotion or a non-profit organisation, the client must have approved all of the media/production/implementation.
3. You have permission to enter this work from the commissioning client/brand-owning company and you have included the client contact details. We may request proof of this permission at any time. The Festival reserves the right to contact the client, if necessary and the entrant shall notify the client accordingly.
4. The work has been submitted exactly as published/aired/released and must not be modified for the awards entry.
5. The work is not speculative or conceptual advertising, and has not been banned or withdrawn from airing.
6. A senior officer (CD, CEO or Chairman) from your company has given permission for this work to be entered.
7. Entries will be accepted on the basis that:
They are designed specifically for and to run in the *MENA region and are created by agencies in the MENA region
They are designed specifically for and to run in the *MENA region and are created by agencies outside the MENA region
They are designed to run globally as long as they are created by agencies in the *MENA region.
*For the purpose of Dubai Lynx, the MENA region includes: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Ghana, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Kenya, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE, Westbank & Gaza, Western Sahara, Yemen.
8. The work was not entered to the same Dubai Lynx Award the previous year. You can enter the work into an alternative Dubai Lynx Award, provided it meets the eligibility date requirements.
9. There is no reference to your agency or any contributing creative companies in any digital or physical materials and all supporting case films and materials are correct and final versions. These cannot be changed later.
10. The work, and/or case film can be understood in English. (See supporting material guidelines).
11. At the point you complete and pay for your entry all media submitted must be the final version. Without exception, no replacement or additional media can be accepted after an entry has been finalised and received by the Festival.
12. If new results are collected after the entry has been paid for, we will only accept additional written information in the results section of the entry form up to 16 February 2018.
13. You understand that entries withdrawn after 16 February 2018 are not eligible for a refund.
If you’re unable to confirm each point on the list, your work may be ineligible for Dubai Lynx 2018. Failure to meet all these requirements could see your entry being disqualified or withdrawn without a refund.
What are the special awards and how do company credits affect them?
These are the awards that are won through the calculation of points from winning and shortlisted entries at Dubai Lynx 2018 rather than awarded by a jury.
The Special Awards are:
- Network of the Year
The Network of the Year Special Award is given to the Network Parent Company of the Network whose members are the most successful overall for Entries in the Dubai Lynx Awards.
- Media Network of the Year
The Media Network of the Year Special Award is given to the Media Network Parent Company of the Media Network whose members are the most successful overall for Entries in the Media Dubai Lynx Awards.
- Agency of the Year
The Agency of the Year Award is given to the Agency that obtains the most points overall for Entries in the Dubai Lynx Awards.
- Independent Agency of the Year
The Independent Agency of the Year award is given to the Independent Agency that obtains the most points overall for Entries in the Dubai Lynx Awards.
- Dubai Lynx Golden Palm Award
The Dubai Lynx Golden Palm Award honours the Production Company that obtains the most points overall for Entries in the Film, Film Craft, Interactive, Mobile and Entertainment (Section A) Dubai Lynx Awards as well as Film, Film Craft, Digital, Mobile, Digital Craft and Branded Content Mediums in Healthcare Dubai Lynx Awards in the Dubai Lynx Awards.
Grand Prix for Good
This award honours work that is ineligible to win a Grand Prix in their sections because they are made for charities/not for profit or have charitable or public service messages.
All such excluded Gold winning entries, across ALL entry sections except for Film Craft and Innovation will be judged by the Integrated Jury, who will choose one piece to receive the Dubai Lynx Grand Prix for Good, which will be awarded during the Awards Ceremony on Wednesday 14 March 2018.
Trophies and certificates
Getting your hands on an engraved, hand-crafted trophy to mark your huge success at Dubai Lynx couldn’t be easier. You can also order a select number of certificates to share the achievement with your team.
Simply download and complete the PDF forms by clicking on the appropriate buttons below to order duplicate Dubai Lynx trophies and shortlist certificates.
Email your completed form to email@example.com
.Please remember to include all your payment details. Once we’ve received your completed form, we’ll process your order.